In addition to the characteristics of ordinary milling machine, NC milling also has the following characteristics:
1. Parts processing has strong adaptability and flexibility, and can process parts with particularly complex contour shapes or difficult to control the size, such as mold parts, shell parts, etc;
2. It can process parts that cannot be processed by ordinary machine tools or are difficult to process, such as complex curve parts described by mathematical models and three-dimensional space curved surface parts;
3. It can process parts that need to be processed in multiple processes after one-time clamping and positioning;
4. The machining precision is high, the machining quality is stable and reliable, the pulse equivalent of the NC device is generally 0.001mm, and the high-precision NC system can reach 0.1 μ m. In addition, NC machining also avoids the operator's operation mistakes;
5. High degree of production automation can reduce the labor intensity of operators. It is conducive to the automation of production management;
6. The production efficiency is high. The NC milling machine generally does not need to use special process equipment such as special fixtures. When replacing the workpiece, it only needs to call the processing program, clamping tool, and adjusting tool data stored in the NC device, so the production cycle is greatly shortened. Secondly, the CNC milling machine has the functions of milling machine, boring machine, and drilling machine, which makes the process highly concentrated and greatly improves the production efficiency. In addition, the spindle speed and feed speed of the NC milling machine are stepless, so it is helpful to select the best cutting parameters;
CNC machining has the following advantages:
The number of tooling is greatly reduced, and complex tooling is not required for machining parts with complex shapes. If you want to change the shape and size of parts, you only need to modify the part processing program, which is suitable for new product development and modification.
It has stable processing quality, high processing precision, and high repetition precision, and can meet the processing requirements of aircraft.
In the case of multi-variety and small batch production, the production efficiency is high, which can reduce the time of production preparation, machine tool adjustment, and process inspection, and reduce the cutting due to the use of the best cutting amount time.
It can process complex surfaces that are difficult to be processed by conventional methods and even process some unobservable machining parts.