Metal powder injection molding technology is a new type of metal powder metallurgy near net shape forming technology formed by introducing modern plastic injection molding technology into the field of powder metallurgy. Although plastic injection molding technology can produce products of various complex shapes at a low price, the strength of plastic products is not high. In order to improve their performance, metal or ceramic powder can be added to plastics to obtain higher strength and good wear resistance. products. In recent years, this novel operating method has evolved to maximize the solids content and completely remove the binder and densify the shaped body during subsequent sintering. This new powder metallurgy forming method is metal injection molding technology.
The metal powder injection molding process is low in cost and high in efficiency. It can customize and process any complex and small metal hardware accessories. For such a process, it is also called: the most popular part forming technology, so what are the advantages of metal powder forming technology?
(1) It can produce materials and products with special structures and properties produced by ordinary smelting methods, such as new porous materials, porous separation membrane materials, high-performance structural ceramic abrasives and ceramic materials, etc.
(2) It can minimize the segregation of the alloy composition and eliminate the coarseness of the inhomogeneous as-cast structure.
(3) Metal powder injection molding technology can realize near net shape and automatic mass production, which can effectively reduce the consumption of production resources and energy.
(4) It can make full use of the scale of ore, tailings, steelmaking, sludge, and steel rolling mills, and recycle metal waste as raw materials. It is a new technology that can effectively recycle and comprehensively utilize materials.
(5) A series of high-performance non-equilibrium materials can be used in the preparation of amorphous and microcrystalline, crystals, nanocrystals, and supersaturated solid solutions. These materials have excellent electrical, magnetic, optical and mechanical properties.
This technology has a unique chemical composition and mechanical and physical properties that cannot be obtained by conventional casting methods. It can be directly made into porous, semi-dense or full-dense materials and products, such as oil bearings, gears, cams, guide rods, knives, etc.
The application of metal powder injection molding is extremely wide, including daily necessities, such as aerospace industry, mobile phones, watches, medical treatment, household appliances, cameras and power tools equipped with MIM parts. MIM technology can be applied to any material that can be made into powder. The currently used MIM material systems mainly include: stainless steel, iron-based alloys, magnetic materials, tungsten alloys, hard alloys, fine ceramics and other series.